Why follow?

If you want to be in the "know," this is the answer. Everything you need to keep up with your 6th grader is right here!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Benchmark #3

We are benchmarking this week for the third and final time. I really take pride in watching these kids grow throughout the year, so I've taught them to look at the comparison between the beginning and end of the year scores. Ask your child how he/she scored and encourage him/her to always look at the missed problems. Orchard shows them the right answer, and I make myself available to help anyone who doesn't understand. They need to learn the value of learning from their mistakes.

For encouragement, I have offered the following:
Each individual who scores 75% or above earns a pizza party.
Raise score 10% for a piece of candy.
Students will also get a grade in the grade book for this benchmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment